Monday, January 21, 2008

Newcastle Chronicle Extra article on Ouseburn barrage: Truth or misquote?


Dear all,

I received last week the free edition of the Chronicle and I found this article:
It is the first paragraph which made me jump when mentioned that the barrage was created to clean up a polluted waterway in Newcastle!
As mentioned during our last meeting, the only improvement made to the polluted waterway is to fit screens at CSO along the Ouseburn.
This measure will principally reduce the amount of floating litter existing in the sewer network but will not reduce the quantity of dissolved organic matter present in the water during a large storm event.
I am also on the Ouseburn River User Group that will meet up for the third time on 30th January. As far as I know, this is not a public meeting.
I will post soon some information regarding the November 2007 Jesmond Dene site visit.

Sebastien

No comments: